- Mrs. Joe - love her? hate her? did she get a giant karmic slap across the face (or, more precisely, whack on the head), or do you feel sorry for her in the end?
- Miss Havisham and her myriad of creepy life choices--thoughts?
- Dickens' writing style
- Philip Pirrip, or Pip for short. What do you think of our main character and his journey through life?
- Estella: who's to blame for the way she turns out?
- Literary techniques: what did you notice in terms of imagery, symbolism, characterization, foreshadowing, suspense, etc.?
- How do you feel about Dickens changing the ending after reader backlash? Which do you prefer?
You are never limited to the questions I pose; as long as you stick to the topic and provide intelligent thoughts and legitimate questions about the material, you're good. Don't forget that this blog is meant to continue conversation with your classmates. While I'll probably join in, you aren't just talking to me. Make sure you remember that! Have fun. I have great expectations for your blogging this year (I know, lame pun, but the opportunity was there, so I took it!).